Game Assignment (Dead Tree) – Part 2

So where I left off last time was when I finished modeling the tree. Now I will focus on refining it, making it look more like the reference pictures from the video game Runescape I listed in the previous post, scaling down the polycount and finally UV map it.

I first started with scattering all the branches around the tree mast instead of having all of the branches on the same side. I also attached the last root to its mast as well.

Shaded and moved

After the small refinement, I scaled down the polycount and colored it brown to match with the actual color of how I wanted the tree to be.

Dead tree.png

Now It is time for the UV mapping. I started out with selecting all theTexture reference used branches and flattening them out to apply the texture.

I ended up with 8 UV maps in total for each branch on the tree. I mainly used this picture which I found on google as the tree texture.


The UV map of the mast of the tree ended up looking like this so you can probably figure out how the 7 others ended up looking like.

UV Main branch tex.png

After applying all the UV maps to the tree and all its brances, it ended up like this.

Dead tree finished.PNG

Now my focus will lay on exporting it into an FBX file and import it into Unity.

Until next time.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s