Rigging 2 (Lab 2)

So my progress has been really fast lately. Picking up everything from a new program is not easy, but with a lot of guidance from our efficient teacher and smart friends, learning Maya has not been a problem so far.

All though I have encountered some problems. The first problem I had was the top of the cylinder.

castle-progress-wip

I have no idea what happened, but it somehow split in two parts which really caused a lot of problems for me. Due to this I thought that I might as well start all over again with the top of the structure. I deleted the “Destroyed” part and made a new one.

I used the old one as proof of concept, and I tried to recreate the top shape as closely as possible to the drawing I made of the structure before it blew up.

top

Still have a lot of details to add, but I will also edit the tower top later to look like it’s been blown up like I recently tried. However I will use a different method than what I did this time.

Without further a due, here’s the current WIP of my structure.

Front:

wip-3

Back (without light):

wip-3-3

And just to be fancy here is the current model with wireframes:

Brickhell.PNG

Now that is A LOT of bricks. I am not looking forward to UV mapping 😦

Advertisements

One comment

  1. maugryph · October 28, 2016

    very nice progress!

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s