So I have progressed a bit further this weekend. Looking over my references, I wanted to make the roof tiles sort of ceramic. Once I get to UV Mapping, I have an idea to make some individual tiles cracked and different from each other.
I have also added wooden support structures around the house. The house now looks much more similar to my reference boards and drawings. I am still not entirely satisfied with how it looks, but I can’t add too much details due to the massive lag I experience when working with all these models. A nice touch I also added was bricks around the chimney.
So this is currently where I stand. Next I will be focusing on finishing the house itself and the top. If I get the time, I can also try to make the beam shoot up from the top.