Unfortunately I have experienced some issues with the flip I am animating. After looking into the problem with my teacher, it seems I have gotten a Gimbal lock on several places in the rig. The problem lies either in one of the following: #1 it is a cheap free rig, and is not made for being twisted so much. #2 I am not too experienced with animating in Maya so there’s a lot of stuff that is new to me.
Either way after trying to clean it up for a long time I think I managed it fairly well. I have learned for future reference that I should never rotate or move any parts on the rig without using the axis and doing it completely on freehand.
This is the end result for the flip:
There is still a lot of polishing that needs to be done, but I think this is good for now.