Sadly, the motion capture did not work out as intended.
Most of the files got corrupted when we transferred them out of the program and into MotionBuilder on another computer. David said he was going to help out most of the students another day with this issue, since he was in a rush for a meeting. For some reason he never showed up again because he was constantly away or working with other classes. In other words not holding up his end of the deal. The Maya students was left out on how to import the mocap from MotionBuilder to Maya. So we figured we could use the few files we could actually open as references and keyframe animate everything in Maya.
Marcus made the rig for the character while I dealt with most of the big animations.
Full Run sequence. This consisted of 3 parts: Idle-Run, Loopable Run-Cycle, Run-Idle.
A power attack which was meant to stuck the enemy to the ground, disabling them for a few seconds.
Sticky teabag hook.
This attack was meant to stick the enemy on contact with the teabag, and pull them towards the character.
Sadly all of the animations made above was scrapped due to Marcus’ rig not being compatible with Unreal.
So we had to reanimate everything
The new rig Marcus made had to work around the fact that Unreal did not support a rig with several loose joints. Trying to bind these joins made Maya refuse to export it.
Sadly we had to scrap most of the work and improvise a work-around.
At least we finished the animations, even though we had to do it twice.